Monday, March 20, 2017

Well yay! Both of the sketches I started yesterday, down at the waterfront, are worth of some more drawing and attention in the studio. Of course I snapped a picture of both spots I chose. The first one was the harder of the two, too complex and all in the distance. I was attracted because of the perspective study I just recently started.

Charlie dropped me off and I was set up in my first spot right around 1:30pm. I lasted until 4pm. It's tiring! Drawing and painting are intense meditation exercises: observe, respond, assess, keep going and don't waste time. And I've more often done still lives, often with a sort of "fixed" lighting situation, in the past.

I also had some good news this morning. A final of my latest logo project was chosen. I'd expected it to be a much lengthier process! I'm so into the subject matter¹ & drawings that I'm going to continue to work on one of the concepts that wasn't chosen.
C-2-3


I can see why C-2 wasn't chosen. She's looking very 1920s, with shades of my more illustrative logo for Upward Goddess. But... I'd been starting to play with different brushes and line treatments in both Illustrator & Photoshop while drawing her. I want to continue and make something vectorized. I can add some color too, if I want. I'd been keeping things really simple - just black & white - for the logo because it needs to be easily printable. Every yoga studio needs a t-shirt!


¹ The moon. Yoga. The subconscious. Gabriel and Yesod.

No comments:

Post a Comment